Venue: The Ridgeway (main hall first floor), The Beacon, (formerly Wantage Civic Hall), Portway Wantage, OX12 9BY
Contact: Steve Corrigan, Democratic Service Manager 01491 83049 Email: email@example.com
Notification of substitutes and apologies for absence
To receive notification of apologies for absence and the attendance of substitute members.
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of councillors Chris McCarthy and Julia Reynolds.
To adopt and sign as a correct record the minutes of the committee meeting held on 14 May 2014 (previously published).
RESOLVED: to adopt as a correct record the minutes of the committee meeting held on 14 May 2014 and agree that the chairman signs them.
Appointment of licensing panels
· appoint licensing sub-committees comprising any three members of the Licensing Acts Committee;
· appoint each member of the Licensing Acts Committee to serve on any sub-committee which is convened so as to include her or him in its membership;
· agree that the sub-committees be known as licensing panels;
· authorise each licensing panel to discharge all functions under the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005 including determining and dealing with applications for licences, certificates, temporary events and other notices and all variations, transfers, withdrawals and reviews of such matters;
· agree that wherever possible applications should be heard by a licensing panel comprising the chairman or vice-chairman of the committee plus two other members of the committee, but that this should not affect the principle that any three members of the committee will constitute a properly appointed licensing panel;
· authorise the head of legal and democratic services to invite an appropriate licensing panel to conduct a scheduled hearing having regard to members’ availability and eligibility to take part and ensuring that as far as possible all members of the committee have the opportunity to conduct hearings.