Terms of Reference
(1) To promote the economic, social and environmental well being of the area and incur expenditure for that aim within limits agreed by the Council.
(2) To receive reports and take decisions on matters delegated to the Area Committee, in line with Council policies.
(3) To receive reports from the Area Forum, and submit reports on matters of concern to the Council, Executive, Scrutiny Committee and Policy Overview Committees as appropriate.
(4) To undertake any duties appearing within the Terms of Reference of the Area Forum.
(5) To make recommendations to the Council to establish any sub-committees or joint committees of the Area Committee.
(6) To promote the Area Forum and encourage attendance by Parish and County Councillors.